Candlelight Vigil for Ukraine in Washington, D.C.
* TIME: 7p.m.
— The Russian Embassy
— Main gate – Boris Nemtsov Plaza
— Washington, D.C.
– to stand in solidarity with Ukrainians;
– to confront those responsible for this war, and the russian embassy staff who willingly represent these criminals.
The main 1-year commemoration event will take place the following day.
On SATURDAY, FEB. 25 at 2p.m., we will hold a MASS RALLY at the Lincoln Memorial on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. After the rally, we will march to the ruSSian ambassador’s house (close to the White House):
– Ukrainian flags;
– flags of nations who are standing behind Ukraine;
– signs, posters, banners;
– weather-appropriate clothing and gear;
– lights: LED candles/lights, lanterns, fairy lights, etc.;
– children’s toys, in memory of the children russia has killed, injured, traumatized, and abducted during this war. (Toys left at the end of the vigil will be collected for donation to children in need who are victims of russia’s aggression.)